Candles are popular year round, however, the fall season is definitely prime time for candle season to begin! Making your own candles can be simple and thrifty, as well as rewarding. Candles make awesome gifts that most are sure to love.
Choosing the right type of wax can be confusing, since there is so much on the market. Wild Herb's soy candle wax is an excellent choice, as not only is it made in the USA from home grown soybeans but the cleanup is a snap! When done, just wipe out your glass Pyrex cup with paper towel. Easy peasy!
Furthermore, there are a few reasons why using USA grown soybeans for candle wax is healthy.
- Soy wax is a renewable resource. Soybeans are a plant, so they can be grown and harvested again and again. Paraffin wax, on the other hand, is a petroleum product, which is a non-renewable resource.
- Soy wax burns cleaner than paraffin wax. Soy candles produce less soot than paraffin candles, which can be harmful to your health. Soy candles also tend to emit a cleaner scent.
- Soy wax is biodegradable. This means that soy candles will break down naturally over time, without harming the environment. Paraffin wax, on the other hand, is not biodegradable.
In addition to these health benefits, using USA grown soybeans for candle wax is also good for the economy. It supports American farmers and creates jobs in the United States.
Here are some specific health benefits of using soy wax candles:
- Reduced risk of respiratory problems. Soy candles produce less soot than paraffin candles, which can irritate the lungs and worsen respiratory conditions such as asthma.
- Reduced risk of cancer. Some of the chemicals released when paraffin candles burn are known carcinogens. Soy candles do not release these chemicals.
- Improved indoor air quality. Soy candles produce fewer toxins and pollutants than paraffin candles. This can help to improve indoor air quality and reduce your exposure to harmful chemicals.
Overall, using USA grown soybeans for candle wax is a healthy choice for you and the environment. It is a renewable resource that burns cleaner and produces less soot than paraffin wax. It is also biodegradable and good for the American economy.
Please note: It is important to note that all candles, including soy candles, can release some pollutants into the air when burned. However, soy candles generally release fewer pollutants than paraffin candles. It is also important to burn candles in a well-ventilated area.
Go to: https://wildherbsoap.com/collections/candle-making/products/candle-wax-flakes-soy