Spearmint Pure Essential Oil
Spearmint essential oil has a fresh, strong, minty scent quite similar to peppermint, yet sweeter. Spearmint oil possesses many of the same compounds as peppermint. However, because it has a lower menthol content than peppermint, it is believed that it is safer for children.
The spearmint oil is distilled from the flowers of the spearmint plant. Instances of its use in ancient Greece has been found in historical records reflecting use of this oil to prevent and treat infectious diseases.
Following are historical uses of this oil and have not been evaluated by FDA. See 'Terms & Conditions' for full disclosure.
- Antiseptic, antispasmodic, antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, detoxifier
- Fever reducer
- Relieves sinusitus and migraine pain
- Excellent stress reliever
- Stimulating and energizing
- Boosts brain function; clears the mind
- Flash point: 142° F
- Botanical Name: Mentha spicata
- Country Of Origin: USA
- Method Of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Blends well with basil, eucalyptus, lavender, pink grapefruit, lemon, rosemary and wintergreen.
**Essential oils up to 4 ounce size come in an amber glass bottle. 8 ounce size and larger come in a plastic bottle.