Basil, Sweet Pure Essential Oil
Wild Herb Basil essential oil has a warm herbaceous aroma with a minty and spicy edge. The essential oil is steam distilled from the whole flowering herb. A unique quality about this plant is that if its leaves wilt from lack of water, one only needs to water it thoroughly and place in the sun for a quick recovery. This particular wild herb planted on our acreage is quite fragrant with it's lush herbal aroma.
This herb has been used since ancient times in India for its medicinal value. At one point in time, the leaves were finely ground into powder and inhaled for relief of headaches.
Following are historical uses of this oil and have not been evaluated by FDA. See 'Terms & Conditions' for full disclosure.
- Antispasmodic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic for cleaning wounds
- Relieves headaches and muscular pain
- Clears congestion
- Protects & helps to build immune system
- Stimulates hair growth
- Relieves motion sickness
- Treatment of insect bites
- Eases anxiety
- Relieves depression
- Stimulates memory
- Relaxes the body
- Flash point: 167° F
- Botanical name: Ocimum basilicum
- Country of origin: India
- Method of extraction: Steam distillation
- Blends well with bergamot, lavender, lemon, lime, neroli, rose geranium, rosewood and sweet orange.
**Essential oils up to 4 ounce size come in an amber glass bottle. 8 ounce size and larger come in a plastic bottle.