Melissa Pure Essential Oil
Melissa essential oil, also known as Lemon Balm oil, has a lovely lemony scent to it, which some do describe as grassy. It belongs to the Lamiaceae (mint) family. Our Melissa oil is pure Melissa oil and NOT a blend, as many oils on the market are.
Melissa oil is treasured, as it is believed to have many healing affects both healthwise and emotionally. It takes approximately 1 ton of melissa to distill about 1 pound of Melissa oil. The pure essential oil is made from steam distillation of the leaves.
Not recommended for use around or on children ages 9 and under.
Following are historical uses of this oil and have not been evaluated by FDA. See 'Terms & Conditions' for full disclosure.
- Used in lotion, aids in relief of eczema
- Astringent, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, antispasmodic
- Reduces fever while lowering blood pressure
- Combats nausea
- Aids in hair loss
- Relief of cold sores
- Aids in overcoming depression and stress
- Eases headaches
- Calms the nerves
- Flash point: 175° F
- Botanical Name: Melissa officinalis
- Country Of Origin: Bulgaria
- Method Of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Blends well with basil, frankincense, geranium, lavender, roman chamomile.
**Essential oils up to 4 ounce size come in an amber glass bottle. 8 ounce size and larger come in a plastic bottle.
Oils in sizes over 32 ounces MAY be special order and can take up to 10 days to ship. Please inquire as to current inventory if this is a concern.