Chamomile, Roman Pure Essential Oil
Roman Chamomile essential oil sweet, warm, herbaceous and somewhat fruity aroma. Although the tea form is quite popular, the highest benefit comes from diffusing or topically applying the essential oil.
Throughout history, Roman Chamomile essential oil has been used for many purposes. The most popular benefits are for soothing anxiety, calming the nerves and combating insomnia.
The first known history of Chamomile comes from ancient Egypt, where it was first mentioned as a means to reduce fever. The crushed flowers were rubbed on the skin as a cosmetic. The Egyptians used its essence as an embalming fluid for preserving deceased pharaohs.
Following are historical uses of this oil and have not been evaluated by FDA. See 'Terms & Conditions' for full disclosure.
- Relieves arthritic pain
- Lowers blood pressure, while reducing risk of heart disease
- Natural allergy reliever
- Fights anxiety
- Relieves depression
- Reduces symptoms of insomnia
- Flash point: 200
- Botanical name: Anthemis nobilis
- Country of origin: England
- Method of extraction: Steam distillation
- Blends well with bergamot, frankincense, palmarosa, rose geranium and ylang ylang.
**Essential oils up to 4 ounce size come in an amber glass bottle. 8 ounce size and larger come in a plastic bottle.