Amyris Pure Essential Oil
Wild Herb Amyris essential oil, also known as West Indian Sandalwood, has a sweet, smoky aroma. It is soft and earthy. It is an excellent 'anchor' in blending scents. Amyris has a thick consistency.
The oil is extracted from wood chips of the tree. Amyris, or West Indian Sandalwood, is a more affordable alternative to 'genuine' Sandalwood essential oil but not a replacement of it. This is not pure Sandalwood essential oil.
Following are historical uses of this oil and have not been evaluated by FDA. See 'Terms & Conditions' for full disclosure.
Historical Health Benefits
- Antiseptic for cleaning wounds
- Calming; Instills feelings of peacefulness
- Combats insomnia
Historical Emotional Benefits
- Eases anxiety and stress
- Promotes mental clarity
- Uplifts mood
- Flash point: 200
- Botanical name: Amyris balsamifera
- Country of origin: Haiti
- Method of extraction: Steam distillation
- Blends well with ylang ylang, tangerine, lavender, rose geranium and patchouli.
- 8 ounce size and larger come in a plastic bottle.